Dental Care South Always Maintains the Highest Standards for Patient Safety
In recent weeks, the media, all industries of business, and people in general have been putting extra emphasis on the importance of precautionary cleanliness and health safeguarding measures. It is important to remember that our Tuscaloosa office has always followed all requirements from the American Dental Association (ADA), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) to protect our patients’ health.
Your safety is important to us every day and always has been! In terms of patient care, our professional and experienced team members wear protective gear including gowns, masks, eye protection, and gloves to ensure your safety. Our Tuscaloosa facility strictly adheres to OSHA’s requirements to maintain a sanitary environment during the workday by thoroughly cleaning all surfaces. Our office is cleaned at regular intervals—continuously disinfecting treatment areas, dental equipment and instruments, our waiting room, bathrooms, and our reception area.
You May See Some Changes When it is Time for Your Next Appointment
Even though we always maintain a safe environment for our patients, the Alabama Dental Association together with the American Dental Association and Alabama Department of Public Health have recommended that dental practices adhere to additional infection control protocols in order to open for full service on May 1, 2020. We have made the following changes to help protect our patients and staff:
- You will be asked to call our office once you have arrived for your appointment. A team member will meet you outside of the front door.
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions before you enter the building and your temperature checked.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books, coffee station and so forth as those items are hard to clean and maintain during this time.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- The number of Patients in the waiting room will be minimized to maintain social distancing. Only the patient will be allowed in the office at this time. Parents with children who are being treated or a caregiver accompanying an elderly patient will be allowed.
Continue to Contact Our Tuscaloosa Office for Emergencies
If you experience a dental emergency, we are here to help. Call us at 205.752.1929 so that we can assess the situation and determine the best approach for dental treatment. Dental emergencies include:
- Intense dental pain
- Swollen gums, face, or neck
- Signs of infection such as a draining site
Rescheduling Your Appointment with Dental Care South
If you had an appointment during our closure, we will be contacting you soon to reschedule. Please be sure to give us a call if you have had any changes in symptoms or needed treatment. If you have not heard from us by May 11th, 2020 please contact our office at 205.752.1929.
We Care about Your Dental Health & Health in General!
At Dental Care South, we care about the health of all our patients, and caring for your safety as we provide exceptional dental treatment is our number one priority. We apologize for any inconvenience our temporary closure may have caused, but we are thankful to be able to open again for all patients! We are looking forward to seeing everyone in our Tuscaloosa office again soon! If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at 205.752.1929. Thank you for your patience! Our team is inspired by the sense of community that this unprecedented situation is creating. We will get through this by working together!
Be kind. Be smart. Be safe. Be healthy.
We’re all #InThisTogether
— Your Friends at Dental Care South